two students walking outside a building on campus


A transcript is an official copy of a student’s permanent academic record. Official transcripts are available from the Student One Stop (SOS). Each transcript costs $8.00. A transcript request must be written and the fee must be paid in advance. A transcript request will not be processed for students who have financial or other obligations to the University.

Transcripts may be requested in person upon showing some form of photo identification at the Student One Stop (SOS) during regular business hours.

You may conveniently request your Washburn transcript online through the National Student Clearinghouse system from the University Registrar’s Office home page at the following link. The National Student Clearinghouse transcript secure ordering system directs you through placing your order, including the delivery options and fees. You may request that your transcript be a paper, official mailed version or an electronic, official pdf transcript to be transmitted. Order updates are sent to you via email and text messages. You can also track your transcript order online and pay for your transcript with a major credit or debit card.

Current students may also request transcripts by logging into MyWashburn and accessing the link on the Student Academics tab. The “Transcript Request and Enrollment Verification” link is located under University Registrar links.

Transcripts may also be requested through the mail. A mailed request must be sent to the Office of the University Registrar. The request should include the following information: current name and other names while attending Washburn University, student signature, identification number/social security number, return address for receipt purposes, current phone number, date of birth, date of attendance at Washburn, the number of transcripts requested, complete and accurate addresses where each transcript is to be sent, and $8.00 for each transcript requested paid at the time of request.

Checks should be made payable to Washburn University.

A Transcript Request form may also be obtained by printing it at It may be returned to the Student One Stop (SOS) by mail, fax, or in person by following the relative procedures described in this section.