Office Administration, AA
Students who graduate with a completed certificate from Washburn Institute of Technology in Business Bookkeeping and Accounting, Legal Office Professional, and/or Medical Office Professional may graduate with an associate of arts degree in the following.
Student Learning Outcomes
Office Administration students at Washburn University, upon graduation, are expected to have:
- Demonstrated proficiency in composing, formatting, and editing written communications.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency of all the skills necessary to fulfill their professional discipline.
- Analyzed the basic principles of management theory in relation to the office environment.
- Applied interpersonal skills to develop effective working relationships and to function as a member of the office team.
- Utilized problem solving and critical thinking skills in performing office procedures.
- Applied appropriate business protocol, ethics, and office etiquette.
Students who have completed coursework in Business, Bookkeeping, and Accounting certificate, Legal Office Professional certificate, or the Medical Office Specialist certificate at Washburn Tech receive 48 credits toward the associate of arts degree. Students graduating from any of these three certificate programs at Washburn Tech are eligible to complete the associate of arts degree in Office Administration. Students must complete all University and General Education requirements appropriate to the associate of arts degree. In addition, the required correlate course, TA 310 Technology & Society, is required of all graduates in the Office Administration associate degree.