Culinary Arts, AA
The Culinary Arts Associate of Arts Degree is offered with the Washburn Tech professional cooking program. This program prepares students to serve under the supervision of chefs and other culinary professionals. Instruction includes culinary math, food safety and sanitation, use and care of equipment as well as food preparation and cooking skills. Students will develop other essential skills including baking, purchasing, menu planning along with an introduction to restaurant supervision and management as well as the exploration of international cuisines. Upon graduation students will have the skills and confidence to be a productive member of any restaurant team.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Associate of Arts in Culinary Arts, upon graduation are expected to have:
- Demonstrated organized skills related to commercial food service.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of all technologies and tools essential to food service production.
- Explained food service preparation and delivery.
- Demonstrated safe food handling techniques.
Major Courses (48 Credit Hours)
- Culinary Arts (from Washburn Tech)
University and General Education Requirements
- TA 310 Technology & Society