two students walking outside a building on campus

Repetition of Courses

Students who are taking graduate courses (excluding Law courses) may repeat courses in which they received a grade of C, D, or F if the repeat is granted by the dean/chair of the department offering the course. The dean/chair must provide a letter or e-mail to the Office of the University Registrar indicating approval has been given to the student to repeat a graduate course in which a C, D, or F grade was received. The transcript will contain a complete record of all courses taken and grades earned, but only the last grade earned in the repeated course will be used to compute the cumulative grade point average.