Program Affiliations with Washburn University
Affiliation with Washburn University
The School of Applied Studies in conjunction with Washburn University Institute of Technology, offers coursework, at a reduced rate, that leads to the completion of an associate degree, either an associate of science or associate of arts. This opportunity requires coursework at both Washburn University Institute of Technology and Washburn University. For information contact an advisor at Washburn University Institute of Technology or the Washburn University School of Applied Studies at 785-670-1282.
|Program||Certificate||Associate of Science or Arts Degree (AS/AA) Offered at Washburn University||Associate of Arts or Associate of Science|
|Advanced Systems Technology (Industrial Machine Mechanic)||48- credits||Industrial Technology (AS)||75- credits1|
|Automotive Collision & Repair||51- credits||Industrial Technology (AS)||78- credits 1|
|Automotive Service Technician||52- credits||Industrial Technology (AS)||79-credits1|
|Business Bookkeeping and Accounting||48-credits||Office Administration (AA)||75-credits1|
|Cabinet and Millwork||48-credits||Industrial Technology (AS)||75-credits1|
|Climate & Energy Control Technology (HVAC)||44-credits||Industrial Technology (AS)||71-credits1|
|Commercial & Heavy Construction||43-credits||Industrial Technology (AS)||70-credits1|
|Culinary||48-Credits||Culinary Arts (AA)||75-credits1|
|Diesel Technology||49-credits||Industrial Technology (AS)||75-credits1|
|Early Childhood Professional||24-credits||Human Services (AA)||60-credits|
|Graphics Technology||48-credits||Design Technology (AA)||75-credits1|
|Heavy Diesel Construction Technology||52-credits||Industrial Technology (AS)||79-credits|
|Information System Technology||48-Credits||Industrial Technology (AS)||75- Credits|
|Legal Office Professional||48-credits||Office Administration (AA), Legal Studies (AA)||75-credits1, 87-credits1|
|Machine Tool||48-credits||Industrial Technology (AS)||75-credits1|
|Medical Office Specialist||48-credits||Office Administration (AA)||75-credits1|
|Surgical Technology||53-credits||Surgical Technology (AS)||83-credits1|
|Technical Drafting||48-credits||Design Technology (AS)||75-credits1|
|Welding||48-credits||Industrial Technology (AS)||75-credits1|
May be 3 fewer credits if eligible for waiver of WU 101 The Washburn Experience at Washburn University
- Students must be concurrently enrolled in 12 credit hours at Washburn Tech or have completed one of the above approved programs to be eligible for the transfer of credit and tuition reduction.
- Check with School of Applied Students (SAS) advisors to determine the academic catalog that defines your graduation requirements. Students must start at WU within 6 years of the Washburn Tech certificate date & complete WU associate degree requirements within 6 years of the WU start date.
- Some WU courses may have prerequisites or require placement scores.
- 15 credit hours of the required courses must be taken at Washburn to complete Residency requirements.
- The WU Admission application is online at: www.washburn.edu. Enrollment is coordinated through the School of Applied Studies, Benton Hall room 306, (785) 670-2114.