Morgan Hall 105
Washburn University Career Services provides coaching and assistance to WU students in two basic areas:
- Career exploration – deciding on major and career path
- Preparing for and finding experience – part-time, full-time, and internship
Career Services staff members conduct class presentations, individual in-person and virtual coaching sessions, and workshops around all topics surrounding career development, from career assessments to resume writing to interview practice. Career events on campus include career fairs, resume review days, and employer interview sessions.
Handshake (washburn.joinhandshake.com) is the primary tool for students to engage initially with employers and Career Services. Handshake hosts
- Job and internship postings for WU students
- Appointment scheduling with Career Services
- Student resumes and profiles
- Employer database
- Event information and on-campus interview schedules
In addition, Career Services maintains a comprehensive website (washburn.edu/career-services) with helpful resources for every step of the career development process, such as career exploration, resume writing, interviewing, LinkedIn, and choosing graduate school programs.
Current students can schedule individual appointments via Handshake. For more information for students or alumni, please call Career Services at 785-670-1450 or email email@example.com. Career Services is open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.